Follow me!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Martinis, margaritas, and wine galore. Acting 24.

Apologies for being MIA the past few days, it's been a really rough week, which called for some much-needed time out with friends. I'm trying really hard to be 24 instead of my typical 70-year-old cat lady esque self. Let me tell you, I feel happier than I have in a while overall.

Backtracking to some new-to-me snacks from the week that are worthy of review:

I won a mixed case of Quest bars recently and decided to heat up the Chocolate Brownie flavor in the microwave for 15 seconds after yoga on Wednesday. Is there any other way to enjoy a Quest bar? Seriously, it's heaven. 

Unfortunately, chocolate brownie just didn't meet my high expectations. It was good, don't get me wrong, but not as good as the other flavors I've tried. 

Another giveaway win from a while back: MuesliFusion. I decided to pack 1/3 cup with vanilla almond milk in a small mason jar for a pre-workout snack (FYI Stop & Shop unsweetened almond milk is pretty damn good).
Morning Zen blend had pumpkin seeds, cranberries, flax seeds, almonds, raisins, and oats. It was really tasty. I took the bag's advice to let it sit with the almond milk for a few hours to develop flavor and let the oats expand. I can't wait to try the other varieties I have at home.

Well, I'm off to enjoy an early Thanksgiving dinner with my godfamily. I love them! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're being 24! Life is not a dress rehearsal...

    ReplyDelete