Follow me!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Half empty or half full, at least I have a glass.

The last few days have been tough for a number of reasons, but it has put some things into perspective. Life is a learning experience and I've definitely gotten my money's worth of lessons, good and bad, this week. 

I found out I didn't get that job that I interviewed for. I wanted it so badly and I was so upset. But it lead to a really meaningful, honest conversation that I've been avoiding for the last three years. Keeping that in mind, I think this is all meant to be. 

That same day, a good friend went through a traumatic experience that is leading into an ongoing battle. My heart goes out to her and her family as she deals with the situation. I can't even justify being upset about my own things when she has all of this going on. Life is so fragile and we need to appreciate what we have. You never know when it's going to be taken away. 

Times like these really put the memories of my dad in the forefront of my thoughts. I miss him so much. Three years, three months, and six days ago, and it still doesn't feel entirely real some days...

No comments:

Post a Comment