Follow me!

Monday, December 9, 2013

MIMM: Let's not focus on the weather

The weather today was exceptionally disgusting. Snow, rain, slush, fog, and a forecast for even more craptastic weather tomorrow, followed by frigid temperatures through the weekend. The dreaded winter is making it's impending arrival known.

So in an effort to keep in line with the Marvelous in My Monday philosophy, I shant focus on the weather. Instead, I'll focus on the weekend, because it was enjoyable.

My hair had a mind of it's own this weekend. I may not have looked marvelous, but I can laugh at myself and rock it. 
Out of control.
I stupidly forgot the top item on my grocery list this weekend: coffee. We were completely out of coffee at home, which is a cause for panic since my family is caffeine-dependent. To say that coffee is the reason I get out of bed in the morning would not entirely be false. My little oops did result in a wonderful clearance purchase at Marshall's. Smores coffee! It's mind-blowingly delicious.
Out of coffee and I find this for $3? Yeah, that's destiny.
Saturday night, I ventured out the the Celtic Pub for a taste of the Irish dive bar scene. And what luck, a metal band was playing! It was appropriately unclassy and unmarvelously marvelous. Of course, no night of mine is complete without an awkward encounter. That night's uncomfortable situation was brought to me by the girl in the yoga pants with less than the average number of teeth, who decided it was a good idea to let me know that I was "sexy as hell and beautiful" and she's "normally shy, but it was the alcohol talking." Yep, thanks. Now I can feel good about myself.

Both Saturday and Sunday included my morning yoga routines as usual. Man, am I feeling them today.

I also went out in an effort to complete some Christmas shopping both days. Yep, no luck. I did, however, score big time for myself. A shirt on clearance for $5 and yoga leggings for $10! I can't resist bright colors and odd patterns.
If I could wear these everywhere all the time, I would.
Sunday evening was spent slaving away in the kitchen to make pulled pork, wheat berry salad for the week, and a double batch of red velvet cookies for my sister's boyfriend. The cream cheese icing just would not come together. I dedicated about an hour and an entire bag of powdered sugar to get it where it needed to be. My family is lucky I love them so much.

Fresh out of the oven and frosted. I got lazy with the decorating.

As for my actual Monday, tonight's vinyasa and hot yoga classes were tough, but overall relaxing.

I'm currently vegging on my couch with a cup of Celestial Seasonings' Candy Cane Lane green tea in my favorite creepy Santa mug.

Watch out, he'll kill you with warm comfort and antioxidants.

Linking up to Katie's Marvelous in My Monday as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment