Follow me!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow, snow go away. Come again never.

More snow. And even more expected. I'm not enjoying the fact that all of my vacation time is being wasted on inclement weather and risky travel conditions. If the office wasn't so far from my house and if I-95 wasn't the only route, I'd definitely be in today. This really has been a pretty terrible winter for New England, at least in my opinion.
Jesse Lacey knows me too well.
The big controversy flooding social media sites today seems to be the Biggest Loser Finale. Apparently the winner lost a whopping 60% of her body weight, down to 105lbs from 260lbs. That is insane. It's painful how thin she looks. I'm sure I don't need to provide a picture or article link because it's everywhere, you all know what I'm referencing. If not, you obviously have internet access if you're reading blog posts and can just as easily tap into the handy-dandy google machine.

I also happened across this not-so-little piece on orthorexia, which I think it's relevant to this whole ordeal. It's worth reading in its entirety, despite its length. Orthorexia is becoming an epidemic in this country, and it just isn't recognized as a problem. Not all sufferers appear physically unhealthy, but the mental struggle is on par with a DSM-recognized, diagnosable eating disorder. I love that Amanda describes orthorexia as the "sneakiest food disorder." It's almost encouraged in our culture with all of these ridiculous restrictive diets and obsession with thinness. I think a lot of people could also learn a lot from the non-rule rules she provides at the end of the post. Overall, a well-written, thoughtful, and educational article that aims to bring awareness to a serious problem that's too often overlooked.

In my laziness after shoveling snow and then food into my face for a combined 3 hours--yes, that's 90 minutes dedicated to each activity. The snow was wet, heavy, and made me RAVENOUS--I found this hilarious list of The 17 Reasons I'm an Undateable Girl.
TGFI: Thank God for Internet - Making single life acceptable

No comments:

Post a Comment