Follow me!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Awkward First Post

Hello and welcome to my blog! I've been following various healthy living blogs for a while now, and after constant offhand (and some not-so-subtle) remarks about how I have to start a blog, I finally caved. 

I guess I should start with a little about myself and what I hope to gain from blogging...

My name is Jordan. 24-years-old, English Writing and Health Psychology major, drowning in the debt I've accumulated through student loans, and attempting to better myself by undoing some personal mistakes and overcoming some things from my not-so-distant past that were entirely out of my control. Life threw me a curveball when my dad passed away in August 2010 after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer only about five months prior. Looking back, my life was pretty simple before then, and I'm so lucky to have had such a great childhood. I coped with it pretty well, but hit some roadblocks along the path that got me to this blog post today. 


Fortunately for me, I stumbled into a yoga studio in 2012 that completely changed my past experiences with yoga and I've since become addicted...Addicted to the challenge of new poses, the therapeutic atmosphere, and the incredible people I've met along the way. (Shout out to Paula Paluch, my yoga instructor at Shanti Yoga and Fitness, who is not only an inspiration but an amazing friend! I don't know where I'd be today without you!) While I'm passionate about my practice, I don't ever take myself too seriously. I have a tendency to goof off a lot during classes. Sorry, not sorry.

Outside of yoga, my life is super stressful, but I try to deal with it the best I can by focusing on the surreal experiences I have on a daily basis, joking about the bad experiences, and constantly trying to find a new job and a new creative outlet. I guess blogging can help me knock out all three at once, minus the new job thing.

Okay, so this first post ended up much longer than I intended. To sum it all up, I plan to blog about my boring-but-not-actually-so-boring life, strange interactions, fitness, recipe experiments, and my attempts to find a balance between it all. To quote Bright Eyes, "the scales always find a way to level out."

No comments:

Post a Comment