Follow me!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A quick and somewhat vague update

I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon. My bad. Between work, covering trivia nights, yoga, and some new projects (more on that to come soon, I promise!), sitting down and typing away at my computer just hasn't appealed to me. In the midst of the chaos, I've been making more time for friends and fun activities to keep me extra happy and motivated, feelings which have become the norm for me lately. It finally feels like things are falling into place. No, it's not perfect, but life would be boring if it were.

A few high points of the last week or so:


  • Jared Leto's performance in Dallas Buyer's Club. My past encounters with Jared Leto left me with a bad taste in my mouth, albeit some funny stories, but he really earned my respect back with this role. Kudos, Jared. Props to him for his inspiring acceptance speech at the Oscar's. Yes, he deserved that award.

Photo cred: US magazine


  • The Oscars in general. Ellen was a fantastically entertaining host, and almost everyone looked flawless. Good job, Hollywood.
  • This Buzzfeed article on what people looked like at the Oscars...
Poor Leo
  • Finally hitting up the brunch buffet at India on Hope Street this past Sunday. I consumed at least 7 full plates of food, and finally got to try some new dishes that I never would have ordered...simply because I always, always order the same thing: Mixed Grilled Vegetable Platter. Something about that grilled pineapple and Indian spices, I can't say no. I would have taken a picture of all the deliciousness, but I was ravenous (clearly, given my aforementioned massive food consumption) after two hours of weights and yoga. Visualize, if you can, fresh-baked Spicy Chili Cilantro, Hot & Spicy Vindaloo, and Garlic naan bread, spinach and lentil soup, mango chutney, lemon cilantro chutney (my favorite!), tamarind chutney, chickpea salad, kale cucumber papaya salad, mango chicken curry, shrimp biryana, tandoori chicken, chana masala, fresh fruit with mango cream, and rice pudding. Then picture me eating it all. NOM.
  • A relaxing night in with a friend, who arrived at my house toting a giant container of her dad's split pea soup. Unexpectedly delicious, and totally random.
  • Big changes on the horizon, finally set in stone and put into action!
  • The return of regularly scheduled TV programs. Oh, how I've missed New Girl and Nashville.
  • Confirming that I am TB-free! I had to put some sort of positive spin on making a doctor's appointment and getting a shot, two things I abhor. Haha.
Again, I'm kind of running on overdrive right now. I've been entirely uncreative in the aspects of my life that don't require my immediate attention right now, but I'll be back on track at some point once I settle into a new routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment